Click on image to enlarge

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Getting More Excited Everyday!!

Well, Robert's ring is in today, so I'm going to pick up "the ball and chain" (as the jewelry guy called it) tomorrow or this weekend. I'm going with "the girls" to check out the hotels close to the beach house Friday afternoon. We don't want any smelly roach/crack motels!! I'll be putting a post up on what passes inspection! It is so awesome seeing the number of visitors to the site! It makes us so happy to see where the hits are coming from across the US. (Robert set that up. I couldn't do that if I tried!) It also gives me an idea of who has gotten the invitations. We found out today that long time friends of my family (one of my Daddy's friends from childhood and his wife) will be coming from California!! I'm SO ecstatic!! Laura and Jeanne started talking about shower and party planning today! OK, This seems real now!!! (That was said in an excited voice, not a scared voice!)
Now, I've got to tell y'all about further compromise in our relationship. A couple of weeks ago I went with Robert and Jean-Paul to see..........(drum roll please) HELLBOY 2. (They had to see Sex and the City with me a few weeks before and they got a standing ovation from the packed movie theater full of women!) HELLBOY 2 was actually good, not Oscar material, but good for a comic book story (I learned THAT from Robert!) So as payback, I mean compromise, they went to see.......... MAMMA MIA! Yes!! And they LIVED!!! And their boy parts didn't fall off because they watched a musical with me!!! And it was excellent. Pierce Brosnan can't sing to save his life, but, good Lord, that man is beautiful! I could...Oh, sorry, I'm about to get married. Anyway, he is a great creation! The guys said they liked it too, but they may deny it later.
As for Robert's post about all my planning and how wonderful I am: I must say, I am! I'm just joking! It's the touch of OCD I have, plus, if we think of something we want to do, I have to do it instantly, or it is gone from my mind! Seriously! I make notes, but I lose them. I can't remember squat! I have so much to remember at work, plus dealing with the emotional part of what I do, I forget a lot. It's a defense mechanism I have perfected! Anyway, thanks to everyone for reading, and leaving comments. We love it! I'll write Friday night or Saturday about the hotels. We have a BIG week coming up!! Our nephews turn 3!!!! Where has the time gone!!

Love y'all, Shannon (or Shannie as the nieces and nephews call me!)

No comments: