Click on image to enlarge

Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy Weekend.


We made a quick trip to the Tennessee/Georgia/North Carolina border for Robert's Grandmother Kimsey's funeral. We left Friday morning and returned late last night. We were able to make the visitation Friday night. Thank goodness the bad weather was gone for the trip. It was very cold up there, but no snow or freezing rain. I was able to meet some of Robert's family and friends that were not able to come to the wedding. Robert sends thanks to everyone for their support. Nannie was his last grandparent and even at almost 40 years old, it is hard to absorb the thought of not having a grandparent. His cousin Tammy sang at the funeral and she has the voice of an angel. The Okeechobee Kimseys were there, and they are hillarious!!! Kelly and I left a note from "Swedish twins" on Uncle Lex's truck with lipstick and perfume and my cell number on it saying that we thought he was sexy and we wanted him. I'm not sure if it took him a day to work up the nerve to call, or if he was just making me sweat, but he finally called last night. I was so afraid that it blew off his truck and some Ducktown guy found it!! The 813 area code gave us away. Well, it's back to work tomorrow. I put up Robert's Christmas village today and I'm working on Christmas cards. I can't believe I'm just now doing Christmas cards!!! I had mine out by the end of November last year!! I'm a slacker or just busy!!
Love, Shannon and Robert

No comments: