Click on image to enlarge

Monday, December 14, 2009

Needing a Little Christmas Spirit.


I'm having difficulty finding my inner elf. It is bothering me too. I am so blessed in so many ways, but this year I'm not feeling like it is Christmastime. Maybe it's the weather. Considering it is 85 degrees outside, that is a good possibility. (My plants are starting to bloom; the grass is growing like summer!) Maybe it's because I have to work Christmas day. Maybe it's because I won't be able to see my family on or around Christmas. We were able to spend Thanksgiving with them, but that wasn't enough for me. (Give me an inch, I want a mile!) I've watched more Christmas shows lately than I ever have. Maybe I need some of those "Ronco" commercials like when I was little! That let me KNOW it was Christmas. My Christmas tree is fabulous! I even bought a space heater that looks like a fireplace (fake logs and flames, and all!!) It looks perfect, but I sweat when I look at it, even though the heater isn't on. I thought I was going to have a heat stroke getting it into the car! The people at Home Depot were looking at me like I was crazy. I'm working really hard to get in the spirit! I should have it in a week or so!!! Merry Christmas to all! Love, Shannon and Robert

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Thank God you blogged again! I was beginning to wonder if you had abandoned it.

I am far from the spirit this year as well. It keeps raining here, and I'm sick of it. We got the tree decorated, and it wasn't even any fun. Teenage angst and 4-year old tantrums don't make anything fun. I just finished a blog entry of my own bitching about Christmas cards. Fortunately, the gifts are procured, and even mostly wrapped. However, the girls aren't even going to be here this year for Christmas, as they leave on a cruise on Christmas day. Maybe that is part of my problem, as we have never been away from our kids on Christmas. On top of it all, it is Lorraine's year to work the holiday, so she will be gone 3p-11p on the 24th and 25th.

I remember how exciting Christmas was when I was a kid. I just can't seem to get that feeling back now, and haven't been able to for more years than I like to believe.

My point...... you are not alone. My next point...... I need to call you and catch up. I think about it most every day, and then all of a sudden it is 11p, and way too late.