Click on image to enlarge

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Daddy's Poem


To Daddy's Little Girl, Shannon
On Her Wedding Day...
October 11th, 2008

She came to us, a bit of a surprise,
But when I saw her, I couldn't believe my eyes.
She was such a beautiful little fart..
She, at once, stole my heart.

She was the youngest and smallest, by far..
But mess with her and she would go to war!
(Dana and Joey probably carry a few scars from those times.)

She was Daddy's girl and spent a lot of time on my lap..
to read, play, talk or just take a nap.

She grew up dancing on stage and had no fear..
Her Nannie Smith, always on the front row,
grinning from ear to ear.

The memories of her trips to Tara are dear..
Fun times with the family and varmits are clear.
Duck hunting with you, Sandy and the Aussie's was a big hit!
Also, you, Mom and the critters catching crappie in the bar pits.
Our hunt, when Jigger treed his first squirrel was special...
Also, seeing Jigger and the baby fawn on the lodge floor,
where they were nestled.

Robert, we hope your a member of our family for many a year...
Give us half a chance and we'll love you,
Of that, have no fear.
Be kind and gentle and don't ever treat my daughter bad
or, I'll "out with my knife and cut off your nads"!

May God you both on this special day and always.

I love you very much,
Daddy


No comments: