Click on image to enlarge

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Transitions


OK, there have been a few new transitions integrating our lives, but all has gone exceptionally well. Katie, Misty and Pippin get along strangely amazing. Work schedules are the true test right now. Unfortunately for me, after 12 years of working Monday through Friday, this is a little different. Also, add the fact that my shift at work may be opening (4am or 5am) or closing (2pm to 11pm). The management staff is great about giving you the time you need after a rough few days though. In hindsight, I would not trade it for the world. I work for the best people and we have the best crew. In some ways I feel guilty getting paid working with the people and customers I do. Today is a great example, a man who asked me last week to help him pick out a cantaloupe, cause he could never get it right, asked me to help him again after the last one we picked was great. In the past few months I have had some great relationships with my customers. My neighbors as well as my regulars, always make may day seem more special. But Shannon and I still need "Our Time". Her schedule and mine are not mixing well right now. I am sure that after the next few weeks everything will level out.

No comments: