Click on image to enlarge

Sunday, November 2, 2008

1970's in Brandon Florida!

Oh my!! We went to the funniest party last night at Denis and Lisa's house (friends of Robert) who were at the wedding. They love to have themed parties and they go ALL OUT!!! They find everything they can that makes the house look like the theme, as well as costumes for themselves. Last night was "The 70's." They had all the posters of the "cute guys" and "hot girls" of the 70's (ie: Andy Gibb, Shaun Cassidy, Ponch from Chips, Scott Baio, Farrah Fawcett) as well as vinyl records and covers of the music of the 70's, clothes, macreme owls, suspended plant holders, an orange rotary dial phone, wooden spoons, velvet glowing pictures, console tv's, etc. I was amazed at what all they found! When we arrived Denis was Bjorn Borg, a 70's tennis star with really tight short white shorts. (He had multiple costume changes.) When we left, he was a disco dancing groovy man. Everyone looked awesome, or "groovy!" Here are a few pictures! Hope y'all enjoy! We had to leave early because Robert had to work early this morning. We forgot about daylight savings, so he was an hour early!! I can't believe we forgot!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

That looks like SO much fun!!! What great friends to have!

Mama Mia said...

Excuuusssee me.....
Do I see your daddy's favorite outfit in these pictures? That would be the plaid pants. We have looked all over for these. Actually, we had matching plaid pants. Dear Lord, I just had a flash-back...or was it a hot flash? I thought that I was sooo hot in my hip-hugger, bell-bottom pants. My belly button looked much better in those days. I have to do a back-bend to get a decent looking belly button these days. Oh well, your Daddy can't see as well as he could so he thinks that it still looks the same...this saves the old back. I do notice that I pay more attention to my posture the older I get.
Got to get back to my great music..
I love y'all very much! (Daddy does too...he's on the golf course.)
Mama