Click on image to enlarge

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial day! I worked. I was able to watch the PBS Memorial Day Concert last night, which was amazing and so touching. I have watched it for the last several years, and it makes me cry. It is a great way to get a small glimpse of what the military and their families go through.
My Mama sent a great email about a lot of the facts about Mississippi. Mississippi has a large number of famous writers, actors, singers (blues, rock and roll, and country all started there) and sports figures. There is a small town in Mississippi called D'Lo that I go through every time I go home. D'Lo sent every eligible man in the town to WWII and every one of them died. I can't imagine what that must have been like. I am so thankful for all of the people in the military and am so grateful for the sacrifices they make every minute of the day! God bless y'all and God bless America and our military all over the world! Shannon

No comments: