Click on image to enlarge

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I found THE dress!




Well, we went to David's bridal today at 10am and I tried on at least 14 dresses. It was hot as hell, but we had a fun time. The first dress I tried on "showed a lot of skin" as warned the attendant. I thought, "I'll be ok showing some skin." OK!! This was a scream!! It was cut to my xiphoid bone ( the nub at the end of your breast bone) showed 2/3rds of my hoots, as well as some surgery scars. From the hoots down I looked like a sausage in too tight casing. (Only Laura saw me in this! She was my zipper, dresser, helper girl and she did an awesome job!! Jeanne and Cher would have wet themselves.) I tried on one that was pretty close to Cinderella, and Cher cried. We knew she would before we opened the door. The last dress the attendant pulled out was one she was unsure about, and it was THE ONE! It is also the LAST one in the country. AND it is a 14 Petite!!! It is just the right length, and fits. YEAH!!! Jeanne, Cher and Laura tried on some dresses for ideas. Then we went to eat as a way of celebrating. Plus, we were really hungry after watching all those skinny 20 year olds trying on size 0 dresses. They needed US to teach them how to eat!!! ( There were some "healthy" girls in there too, but I do think I got the award for "oldest bride of the day!") It was a great girls day out!!! Everything is coming together so easily!!! It is 2 weeks tonight since we got engaged and we have "the big things" done!!! I only wish Mama, Dana, Marcus and Deb could have been here!!! Love, Shannon
PS- I found my little girls dresses on sale at JC Penneys tonight!!! It was my day for finding things!!!

4 comments:

Marcus said...

Well, I was there in spirit. I thought about you several times this morning. Trust me, you would not have wanted me there today, as I have a raging cold and am producing a river of drainage. Seriously, I'm on my second box of tissue in 24 hours.

I can't believe that you found THE dress on day 1 of the search. This is all falling together way too easily! Of course, it helps that you are not the typical bride-zilla.

I so excited for you. I'll call when my voice returns to normal.

Laura said...

Let me say as an eyewitness...that the dress is BEAUTIFUL! The experience of picking it out was an experience all its own...I saw things that I hadn't seen in years...and thats all I am going to say!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited you found the dress!! And it was a petite! As a fellow short gal I know that that saves so much in the area of paying to have a foot taken off the bottom. It was meant to be..

JEANNE said...

As eye witness #2, I agree with Laura...the dress is FABULOUS!!! The experience was very memorable...the sweat(Shannon), the tears(Cheryl), the acrobatics(Laura) snd the comedy(me)! Even though it rained all flippin day, it went quite well. It should still be known that I HATE DRESSES, but I love Shannon's! She is going to be absolutely stunning on her BIG day! Look out Cinderella, cause Shannon-erella is hot on your trails!