Click on image to enlarge

Friday, June 20, 2008

The search is on: dresses!

Well, since we have found the place, we will be spending tomorrow dress shopping. Laura, Jeanne, Cheryl and I are starting early on the quest! I'm going with the plan of getting ideas since I feel like a big bloated white heffer right now. It's extremely hard to give up 2 vices at once: nail biting and eating!!! The nail biting is coming along really well. I have microscopic amounts of white nails growing out! Not bad for 1 1/2 weeks. The down side: I was in the office yesterday, and it gives me the munchies!!! The Pizza Man was there yesterday, then there was a leftover chicken breast the size of my head from "nurse appreciation day," and Diana's boyscout fund raiser skittles. Damn! Why does food have to taste so good!! They need to make a pill that makes food taste bad, or at least like nothing!!! The good thing is that I know I can lose the weight, I've just got to work hard. I will let y'all know how the dress shopping goes. If we don't see anything we like, we can always have fun and try on the most hideous dresses and hats and laugh at each other!!!

Love, Shannon



PS- I can't believe we are just under 2 weeks since we got engaged and we've already gotten so much done!! Thank goodness, because it takes some people a year to plan!! We only have 4 months!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are certainly not a fat cow... when picking a dress just remember does it go with the feel of the wedding and the setting... you're short like me so you don't want anything too poofy because it will most likely make you look shorter.. and accentuate your smallest part. Good Luck!

Marcus said...

Of course, we expect pictures of EVERY dress tried on.

Unknown said...

I'm quite fond of this hideous hat picture but that sausage picture has me grossed out! Eesh....get the picture of the woman dancing 'like two hogs wrestlin' under a blanket' from Steel Magnolias...real sausage...yuck. Also....I love the xyphoid bone dress....can I wear it?
Love you and I'm so happy that I could telecommute to see it...it is perfect...and it was almost like being there...now...on to the flowers.*~

JEANNE said...

Shannon let me take pictures of every dress that she tried on...except for the "sausage" dress. That is a secret that her and Laura will probably go to their graves with!! I'm sure that she will share the pics with all(except Robert).If only I could have been in the dressing room with the camera....you tube, here we come! HA HA! Shannon, you need to quit with the "fat" stuff...you are one hot, sexy, built like a brick house STACKED southern girl!! Work what ya momma gave ya!!