Click on image to enlarge

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We Got Our Papers!!


Let me start by saying I WANT FALL TO BE HERE! NOT SUMMER, THEN WINTER! There was FROST on our house here in Tampa, Florida! It is October 29th for goodness sakes!! Fall is my favorite time of year, and did I miss it the 7 days we were on the cruise? Fall is supposed to last a few weeks, not one week! It was nice to come back to cooler weather and gas $1 cheaper than when we left, but is it too much to want a little weather in the 60's? Just asking! (By the way, gas was $6/gallon in Honduras!) It is a beautiful time of year right now. It's snuggling weather!
When I got home today, our marriage license was in the mail! I'm so excited! Now starts the flurry of changing names on EVERYTHING! There is a website connected with theknot.com called thenest.com which is a wonderful site that tells you what all you need to do after you are married. This will be helpful since I am new at this. I have to continue signing all of my nursing stuff with my maiden name until my nursing license is changed (which I understand isn't cheap!) I think changing your name the first time should be free on everything. I understand there are people who get married a lot, but one freeby won't hurt. I can't wait to get the name thing done! I'm going to be a "hyphenater" since my maiden name is so cool, but I want his too. The best of both worlds! Much love to everyone! Shannon

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I know how you feel. We had a couple of great autumn-ish weeks back in late September and early October. Then, summer returned. And, without warning, it was 32 degrees here last night. WTF??? I know that the average date of first frost here is November 27, so we were a full month ahead. I can't imagine how early the frost was in Tampa.....

Not that I'm complaining, though. I'm ready for some cold. The seven months of summer gets old now that I'm firmly into mid-life.