Click on image to enlarge

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


I hope everyone is having a great day!  As Robert said, this should be the best Valentine's for me since I don't have to worry about everyone asking if I got engaged!!!  I can't believe we have already been married 4 months!!  It's gone by fast and been pretty crazy.  We have been through what could have been the "in sickness" part the last week.  My back pain escalated to horrific Thursday night.  I almost went to the ER, but as a nurse I am very aware that you don't go to the hospital Friday through Sunday because you don't get care and you just lay there and run up ridiculous bills.  So I stayed here and rocked and cried all night.  Robert is so wonderful to me.  I feel so bad for him because he felt so helpless because he couldn't stop my pain.  I went to the chiropractor Thursday and then got a deep tissue massage, which my sister-in-law said would hurt like hell afterwards, but would get better and help the following days.  Well, she was right.  Thursday night was my hell.  I couldn't walk.   Friday was bad until late in the evening.  Today is better.  I have numbness in my right outer leg and foot, but that is SO much better than pain.  I can deal with this.  I was getting worried that I would be like that forever and I wouldn't be able to go to Miami this coming weekend.  If I keep getting better, I should have no problem.    We will be celebrating a wedding, 2 birthdays (Robert and Nicole), late Christmas and Thanksgiving, and Valentine's Day all in one weekend.  I can't wait to see my family!!  It's been over 4 months!! I'm excited!!!  Love, Shannon 

No comments: