Click on image to enlarge

Monday, February 23, 2009

A Wedding, Three Birthdays, and No Funerals.


We took a long weekend trek to Miami for another Pezoldt wedding. Three down, two to go. Chad, the baby of the Pezoldt crew, was married to Tracy in an amazing and beautiful ceremony at the Deering Estate. All I can say is WOW!!! Tracy looked like a real version of Cinderella and Chad looked, well, HOT!! They are such a gorgeous couple. I've never seen Chad so composed, calm, happy, and proud. The day was beautiful, the people were beautiful, the food was good, and the party was purely Pezoldt. Pezoldt should be a new adjective!! There is NO party like a Pezoldt party!!! These people don't sleep, EVER!! When they meet you, they suck you in, and you too become family. This sentiment was repeated at every table at the reception. I am not blood or marriage related to the Pezoldts, but I am related to them by love and the way they take you in. You see, when my sister married a Pezoldt, my whole family became in laws of the Pezoldts. It's hard to understand until you experience it. I guess Pezoldt could be a verb too. You see, when my sister married Clint, all of us Outlaws got, well, Pezoldted. (meaning adopted, sucked in, and made family.) They all love life in way not often seen. They also love each other in a way that is so heartwarming. They also love friends, and lots of them. They love having them around all hours of the day and night!!! They will stay up talking to anyone who shows up at the house until the sun rises the next day! It is wonderful, and wonderfully tiring. I can't hang anymore. I stayed at Mama P's all the time when Dana first moved to Miami, but I am a light weight and can't stay up like they can.

Anyway, back to the wedding. Tracy had the most angelic and adorable little girls as flower girls, and the cutest little guys as ring bearers. There was one little guy who was especially dapper, if I may say so myself. He stayed the whole time and danced until the music shut off. Maybe he kept dancing after the music stopped. He is a dancing machine!!! He gets it honestly from both sides of the family. I was going to take the kids back to the house since I wasn't expecting to stay long (with the bad back) but there was no leaving until we were kicked out by the cleaning crew. It was so much fun. Montego, one of Chad's buddies, and his wife were there with their little baby (less than 6 months) and mom had the baby in a cool swaddle sling dancing around. That baby was so good. He was either sleeping or smiling the whole time he was being danced around. Fun was had by all!!
As for the 3 birthdays, we had Nicole, Robert and Clint all celebrating birthdays within a week, so it was a special time all around.
This was the first wedding Robert and I have been to since we got married. It was nice to sit back and think, "It took a lot of work to do all of this. Thank goodness we don't have to do it again." Also, it was nice not to have to do the single girls/guys thing.
We wish much love and a lifetime of happiness to Chad and Tracy!!

Love,
Shannon and Robert

No comments: