Click on image to enlarge

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Looking Forward



I have always loved fall, which is one reason we decided to get married in October. I thought ahead and wondered "When would I love to go on a trip to celebrate anniversaries?" October was a natural choice for me. Growing up in Mississippi, where the summers are so sweltering hot I thought they would never end, fall was always a welcomed change. Fall meant football games, cool weather, and the smell of fresh picked cotton. It was GREAT. The few times I have gone back during the fall, I just walk around in the wide open fields with my arms spread out soaking in every bit of cool breeze I can. It is a feeling like no other.
During the summer of 2001 I was a camp nurse in North Carolina. I became addicted to waterfalls. They are so relaxing to me and beautiful. The combination of fall and waterfalls makes me want to see the leaves change. I am hoping that we can make a trip this fall to take in the beauty of the leaves, the cool of fall, and the relaxation of waterfalls. I'm looking forward to this, and hopeful that this will happen. I have wanted to do this for the last 4 years, but it hasn't happened just yet. We will see. I'm trying to remain hopeful about everything right now because I am tired of hearing bad news and how we shouldn't be hopeful!! How are we going to get out of this if we lose hope?? Hope is the essence of life. I opened my profit sharing yesterday and it dropped nearly $4000. I could have done A LOT with that money, but it wasn't something I paid for myself, so I'm looking at it as a gift that had some taken back. Looking forward and planning is helping me feel positive right now. Much love, Shannon

2 comments:

Marcus said...

Camp Itchycoochie! I still have plans for a special gift that will involve the emails from that summer.

Shannon Outlaw-Kimsey said...

I would love that. I would also love to share them with Robert. He has heard some stories, but I don't have the emails. You are awesome!!