Click on image to enlarge

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 8: What OCD Does for Me!



I have been attending a "Mindfulness and Meditation" class for the last 3 Tuesdays. Last week after 2 hours of yoga I bought a bike and started riding for the first time in over 20 years. Today, 1 week later, after the 2 hour class, we rode 7 miles, for a total of 9.5 miles today. We took the night off last night, since we were both exhausted and the weather was bad (as I wrote earlier.) My OCD causes me to get into a serious schedule and stick with it, so skipping last night threw me off a bit.
I REALLY needed the Meditation/Mindfulness class and 7 mile bike ride after today! I had back to back CRAZY calls today to top off the day. One was a complete repeat of a conversation I had already had with a pt 2 hours earlier (same pt, same comments) who is younger than me, so it's not a Alzheimer's issue! Plus the pt had had the SAME conversation with another person in the office between my calls with her! She had NO recollection of the calls!! Then I got a call about a pt hearing voices in their head that they couldn't understand. I made a remark to the nurse that maybe it was speaking in a foreign language (We must have a sense of humor about things, or we will go crazier!) I later found out the pt was pretty sure the voices were saying curse words. One more for our book "We can't Make this Sh*T up!" It's never dull around our office!!
Robert is going to ride with me on the early ride in the morning!! Yeah!! Love, Shannon
PS- I want a lab after I saw one on one of my friend's facebook page! Isn't it sweet???

No comments: